The story of how God chooses David as king over Israel is filled with important insights. Look at Eliab, David’s eldest brother, with all his attributes: tall, handsome and strong; yet Samuel was led to choose David, the youngest and least regarded among his siblings.
We tend to give precedence to outward appearances, rank, affluence, anything vain or indeed whatever is easy on the eyes. We turn our nose up at people we deem inferior to us. God, however, looks beyond that. He looks for a good heart, character and attributes that engender the fear of Him, respect, humility, care, peace, love and unity among his people.
Is there a situation that you are considering at the moment? A judgement you have to make or a decision you have to take? What factors are influencing you? Are you also listening, as Samuel was, to the Spirit of God?
- Award Winners!
- Free Film – Imitation of Life
- Got the Tyres for our Straw Bale Foundations Test
- This was Landlubbers!
- Landlubbers Half Term Holiday Club!
- Christmas 2016 – Miracle on Trinity Rise
- Our New Straw Bale Building Film
- Special Prayer Service Responding to Brexit
- New Sermon Series – The Lord’s Prayer