Holy Trinity is a great church for weddings.  If you live in the parish, and have UK or EU citizenship, you can be married after the reading of banns.  If one of you does not have EU or UK citizenship, you cannot be married by banns, and must get a license from Lambeth Town Hall (A Superintendent Registrar’s License) after which you can be married in church.  You have to tell them you are getting married at Holy Trinity Church and need an SRC license for that purpose.  This is due to a change in the law passed by the current government in 2015.
Please use the contact form to make an enquiry.
Find out more about having your wedding at Holy Trinity here.


If you need your banns reading at Holy Trinity please download and complete the Wedding Application form and email it to the Vicar, Richard Dormandy.  Banns must be read three times within the three months before your wedding, so you must arrange them at least three Sundays before – preferably 4-6 months in advance!
You are more than welcome to come and listen to your banns being read during the morning service.  We shall also pray for your wedding preparations, the Day itself, and your on-going life together.  Once your banns have been read, you can come back and pick up the certificate.
There is a statutory fee which is reviewed annually. In 2022 it is £48.00. It is best to pay this online (mark as: “your name-banns”).

Check whether you live in the parish with Parish Finder.

Marriage Preparation

We love doing weddings here at Holy Trinity, and we also offer a really good four-week free Marriage Preparation Course.  It is ideal both for couples who have been together for a decade or more, and those whose relationship is younger.  We put together our Marriage Prep according to demand – you don’t even have to be getting married in this church. Just ask for details.

Using Your Own Pastor

If you would like your own pastor to marry you here, rather than have an Anglican Marriage service, you can hire the church.  When doing this, most people get married “legally” at the Registry Office a day or two before and then celebrate their wedding “spiritually” afterwards.
Please use the contact form to make an enquiry.